Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6 month appointment

Jacob had his 6 month checkup today. Overall he is doing very good, the doctor is thrilled with his weight gain. He weighs 18 lbs 15 oz and is 27" long. He got 3 shots at the end of the appt and screamed so loudly, tears and everything poor guy. He still has the heart murmur but the dr is not concerned because he's gaining weight so well. He said it's ok to start doing 3 meals a day, but I'm gonna wait until we have gone through all the foods testing for allergies.
The dr was very surprised to see him sitting up by himself and said that was more of a 7 month old thing. Since he's sitting by himself he's not concerned with the fact that he doesn't roll over. He said he probably just doesn't want to, which is what I figured too.
We've gotta take some pics tonight so I will post some later. We're gonna try a new veggie tonight. I haven't decided yet wether it's gonna be carrots, peas or green beans.
On the food front I made some more for him last night. I did plums and apples. So that makes: plums, apples, peaches, nectarines, sweet potatoes and squash that I've made him so far.

1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

On behalf of your child I'm gonna vote NOT peas. :)