Monday, July 13, 2009

updates

So, I knew it had been awhile, but I didn't know it had been that long, yikes! But there's not much to tell. Mike got a full time job! Thank God!! He works down in Santa Clara, so he's not home. It's going to be rough, but hopefully come December when our tenant renews her lease we'll be able to rent a house down there so we can live together as a family again lol.

I put together a list of Jacob's words, he can say alot now! My little boy is growing up!
Hi
Momma
Dada
Kitty
Hi kitty
Cheese
Ball
Grapes
Applesauce
Couch
Shoe
Socks
Bath
Night night
Car
Truck
Van
Milk
Water
Banana
Book
Fish
Elmo
Gabba
Sit
Juice
Na-na (snack)
Please
Grandma
Grandpa
Outside
Up
No
oops

I'm sure there are a few that I'm missing, but that's all that I can think of. Not too shabby!

Jacob has been able to spend some time with his friends and play, it's so nice to see him interacting with other kids. He really gets along well with kids his age. He and Asa took turns playing with this one car at a party we were at. It was great to watch them play! He broke 3 new teeth, so we are up to 10 now. He has all 4 front top, 4 bottom front (even though 1 isn't 100% through yet) and then he has his bottom 1st molars! He did really well with breaking all of them through, and even got a fever of 102.4. But he really did great!

In mommy news, I finally got glasses. I knew after being pregnant that my eyesight was effected and I would need glasses, but we just didn't have eye insurance and it wasn't that bad. But I finally was able to get in and sure enough, I'm near-sighted. I pretty much have to wear them all the time, except when I'm doing something close up. They aren't the hippest frames, but they were free and I didn't have to pay 1 cent out of pocket for the glasses so I'm not complaining! I also was able to get a jogging stroller on Craigslist for $35!! So Jacob and I have been walking everyday so far, he loves it! Which is great, cuz that gets me motivated to get out and do it.


Overall, everything is going well. Jacob is a wonderful happy kid and I couldn't ask for anymore! I love him so much and everyday that I get to spend with him is such a blessing. School is coming along ok; I'm not anywhere near where I would like to be, but I'm trying to learn the terms as I go instead of doing it later. Slowly but surely right? I just hope I can still make my goal of finishing by the end of the year! Here are some random pics of Jacob. And a video, it's so cute if I do say so myself!



1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I'm nearsighted too. People who wear glasses are cool! :)