Monday, September 29, 2008

choices

We all have choices in our lives, everything is a choice. Sometimes you make the wrong ones.

I talked with my old District Manager today. I miss that job so much! I'm talking about the pottery painting store. I loved it so much. The only thing I didn't love was the teenagers who really didn't care about their quality of work, or serving the customer.

Anyway, talking with her just brought up in my mind the choice I made to leave. There were circumstances that now I look back on and think I could have handled differently.

My co manager had just left, along with most of the staff. We were heading into the bussiest part of the year, with a brand new staff who didn't know their head from their ass and really didn't care to learn. I was also supposed to train the new manager they hired to take my place ( I honestly think they were hoping to transfer me to the new store they opened) and training the assistant manager, along with 6 or so new employees.
Things weren't getting done correctly, making more work for me. I would go in to work at 8:30am, if not earlier, and stay until 6 or so, come home make and eat dinner, and more often than not end up going back in!
Anyway, the end of my working there. I sort of had a breakdown. I was under alot of stress, feeling very overworked and underappreciated, and had just found out I was preggo and was worried about having another miscarriage. So I talked with the owner and decided I needed to step out and not work anymore.

It's a double edged sword you know. What would have happened if I had stayed? We wouldn't be in the financial dilema we are in right now. But I think it's for the best. I was able to fully enjoy my pregnancy and not worry about the chemicals harming him.
Also I would have had to go back to work 6 weeks after having Jacob. I couldn't imagine doing that! I cherish everyday I get to spend with him. Sometimes it bugs me because I don't get any alone time, but for the whole it's the best thing ever. When he looks at me and smiles just seeing my face, it's the happiest part of my day!
Talking with her today she said that if I were staying in AZ I would be more than welcome to come back and work for them. Just got me thinking about things you know.
That was probably the happiest I have ever been at a job. I got to wear what I wanted to, I was an awesome manager, I enjoyed most of my employees and working with them, I loved seeing what people painted and I loved helping do handprints and such for kids.
Maybe we will end up opening our own store eventually. I'm sure it's different when you are the owner though. Who knows, time will tell.

No comments: