Monday, February 23, 2009

major update

Ok, so obviously I haven't update in a long time. It's because I haven't been home. I went down to the Bay Area for Jacob's party, and was planning on coming home just a couple days after that, once my grandma had her surgery.

The party went down without a hitch. We were fortunate to have lots of family and friends there to celebrate with us. Jacob had a great time. He got so many toys and clothes, he is such a fortunate boy! Here are some pics.









I made the cupcakes (devil's food and banana) and the monkey cake for Jacob's smash cake; which he did not end up smashing btw.




So my grandma had her surgery on the 3rd. She had to have a tumor removed that was on her spine hindering her walking and just her way of life. The surgery went great! We were worried that there would be some peralisis but the dr had a huge smile on his face when he came out to talk to us. They could already see the increased blood flow through her spine!
About a week after surgery she developed complications. She was suffering from septic shock, was had to be put on life support. It was so scary.
After many days in CCU she has now been transferred out of CCU and is now in the TCU, which is the transitional care unit. She should be transferred to the rehab center shortly so she can start recovering that way.

Our short trip ended up being 3 1/2 weeks! Yikes!! At least we were staying with family. Jacob loves playing with Cohen. They are so good together.

I think that's all that has been going on. There are alot more pictures from his party and such, check out facebook.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

First off, awesome monkey cake!

I am so glad to hear your grandma is going be ok. It must've been so scary but hopefully she will be better than before!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

So... Did Danea give you crap about teasing her husband with cupcakes too?

I can't believe he's already a year old. It went so fast!

Devon said...

No, she didn't give me crap!! I guess yours looked better than mine lol.
I can't believe he's a year already too. It's crazy.

Thanks. The cake wasn't as tall as I had hoped, so I think it looked a little funky but oh well.